After much thought and discussion, the Heritage Festival Committee has decided to cancel the 2021 festival due to the current world events and economic situation. While we had hoped that things would be leveled off by May so we could draw a large crowd for the outdoor event, we are concerned about the possibility of the potential to further spread the virus causing further issues. On the economic side of the decision, we felt hesitant to ask for financial support since many stakeholders have been affected by layoffs and slowdowns with work and may be currently focusing on the survival of individual businesses.
As you know, our festival costs around $20,000 (actual cost with no administrative fees or perks) and we are dependent on total support of our contributors to break even. While we are disappointed to have to make such a decision, we feel it is the responsible thing to do in hopes that things will be much better in 2022.
In closing, if our committee can assist you in any way during this difficult time, please know that we stand ready to help as you have always stood with us to have successful events.
Ron Douglas Lucy Godwin Marlene Rollins
Kem Poston Shannon Tippett Melinda Howard
Joan Lentz Tammy Stewart Teresa Humphries